Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Where do you keep olive oil? My spouse put it in the fridge - Is it ruined? Don't answer if you don't know

Last time, we bought a big bottle %26amp; it turned rancid. This time we bought a small bottle %26amp; wanted to avoid that, so it was put in the fridge...now it's solid! Woe is me!Where do you keep olive oil? My spouse put it in the fridge - Is it ruined? Don't answer if you don't know
I think putting it in the fridge, is a waste of room and energy.


(There are many things that do not need to be in the fridge)


Olive oil needs to be protected from light.


I keep mine in the cabinet.


Your Oil is just fine.Where do you keep olive oil? My spouse put it in the fridge - Is it ruined? Don't answer if you don't know
Just set it out for a few min before you use it and it will be okay. You can just keep it in a cool dark spot otherwise. I use mine fast enough that it doesn't get rancid and I even keep mine in a cupboard over the stove. But the fridge or a cool pantry is okay too.





P.S. katiekat doesn't know what she's talking about you an still use it even if it's cold and thicker it just wont pour as easily.
if you have a pantry,best kept in there.don't keep it in the fridge,that really does keep the taste in.if you use olive oil all the time then a large bottle will go in no time.if you don't then throw away,if it's been opened, after about 6 months.the better the olive,the better the oil,therefore lasting that bit longer.
I keep a 33 ounce bottle on the counter next to the stove with a pouring spout in it. It lasts about 6 weeks. I buy it from Trader Joe's.





Olive oil will solidify when refrigerated. Just let it come to room temperature. Keep a small bottle out, cap it, and use it up in 2 months.
Olive oil should not be kept in the fridge. It is not a winterized oil-that means that it will get cloudy at fridge temperatures. Take it out of the fridge and allow it to get to room temperature again and it will be fine.
You keep olive oil in your pantry. It is not ruined. Sometimes I use olive oil in a marinade and then refrigerate it .......... the results is a solid marinade. If you let it sit out, it will go back to liquid.
my cousin actually keeps hers in the frig and she leaves it out on the counter for a little while and then she use's it and then puts it back in the frig and she said it is fine. I keep mine in the pantry
I believe if your take it out of the fridge and let it come back to room temperature it should be fine.





but never put oils in the fridge, they are only liquid when warm or at room temp.
I keep mine in a cabinet. Some people put their oils and spices in the fridge though. If you take it out and let it come to room temp, it should be fine.
You can defrost in mocrowave. My salad dressing does that too and I nuke it for about 10 seconds and use it. I keep mine in the pantry - regular olive oil.
I keep mine in the cupboard. I use it all the time, so it doesn't have time to go rancid.
I keep mine in the kitchen cabinet and have never had a problem. That is where I keep my vegetable oil also.
It should be fine, just take it out and let it get room temp. I always keep mine in the cabinet.
Mine got solid when our power was out this winter, but a few days after, it was liquid again and was just fine.
i keep olive oil in my pantry. it's fine.
I keep mine with all my spices in the cupboard. So does my mother and grandmother. I've never had a problem
Take physics.
  • bridal makeup
  • good makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment