Sunday, August 22, 2010

Did you live with your spouse before you were married?

If yes, did it really make a difference in your relationship? I ask because my boyfriend was a little freaked out when I first told him I wouldn't live with him before we were married (religious %26amp; family reasons). He's okay with it now, but I'd love to hear what other people think.


Thanks.


Did you live with your spouse before you were married?
I currently live with my boyfriend, and we plan to get married. It's been a few years, so I would suggest, either go ahead and get married before you live together, if the both of you are sure you want to be together through it ALL. or make sure you have a definite date or time line for the wedding, otherwise you should always have a way out if marriage doesn't seem to be in the future.





I thought I was against it too. I didn't plan for us to be unmarried for so long, but things happen and time goes by (we have no children, I drew the line at that) You do get to see what it's like to live with him, but, if you and your family and friends disagree with it, don't do it. Many people I thought were my friends have dropped off because of our decision.Did you live with your spouse before you were married?
We did not live together before mainly because of religious reasons. I know that a lot of people say to try the milk before you buy the cow or something like that. I don't really buy it. We didn't live together and I didn't really have any surprises when we got married. I think that you just need to know each other and that just takes time. We dated 3 years before we got married.
Yes we did live together. Neither of us has any issues with Religious beliefs. It simply made sense because we were each paying $1600/mo for our rents %26amp; I was here every single night. I think it took a lot of pressure off of us. Plus I was just exhausted from going back %26amp; forth %26amp; work %26amp; home %26amp; then his place. Our relationship definitely improved %26amp; my attitude changed a lot. I had more time so I wasn't so aggravated. And we had about 8 months to get acclimated before we got married. That really helped as well because planning a wedding %26amp; honeymoon is stressful enough. I can't imagine moving on top of that. Our home was already a complete home by the time the wedding came around.
We met at 19 and my family didn't approve of me dating him. It was long distance, he lived 8 hours away. Since things weren't going so well with my family I had no other choice but to make the move and to live with him. He was still living at home with his parents still, and they accepted me as I was their daughter in law even though we didn't marry yet. We went through some ups and downs just like every average couple. We decided we wanted to start a family right away so by the time I was almost 21 we had our first child. By the time he was 3 we decided to move back to my old town to start fresh. Had our own place, in 2 years we were ready to buy our own home. By the next year or so we decided on another child. Now we are as happy as we could ever be. Living together helped us realized how much we meant to each other and that we want to be with one another for as long as we shall live. It wasn't until last year that we officially wed.
I think it is hilarious that so many of these answers were FINANCIAL reasons! Give me a break! I'm hoping that you are smart enough to not live with or marry ANYONE for money issues! We live together because we love each other and never wanted to spend another night apart! That's the only reason you should live with/marry someone. We are getting married in 13 days because we WANT TO!!! Money has never even entered into our decisions. Living with someone does give you a little insight on each others annoying little habits (yes we all have one or two). But not a necessity. Back in the day it was unheard of for people to live together, and most of those couples are still married!!
yes I lived with my spouse before we got married and YES, my family was totally against it even though they didn't say anything to me about it. I just knew.





Not sure that it made a difference in our feelings toward each other but it did give me insight on what I could expect from him on a daily basis.






We lived together for 6 months, but I don't think it made much difference in the relationships - we were going to get married anyway, and it didn't make sense for her to keep her apartment when we could both live in my house. So it was economic more than anything.
i think it helps to a point.i was living with my now ex for 2 years before we got married.but the thing is after 13 years she changed so now we are divorced.living together and getting to know someones living habits can be a maker and a breaker in a relation ship.good luck.
Me and my husband lived 2gether for years before we got married.I cheated with many men doing that time. Once we decided to get married for the 3rd time i completely change my old ways .We been married For 7 years now .I never cheated since we been married.Had plenty of opportunities .I am more happy now than i ever been.
I have been with my fiance for 13 years %26amp; we have lived together for 8 of thise years. I think it is good to live together before marriage because you will know exactly what to expect from it
yes i did. And i think its a great idea to see what each other is really like. Its a great REALITY trial period to see if you in fact love one another and can live with one another.



I lived for two years with my present husband but ...we both were married once before. My situation was somewhat different than yours but my advice to you would be that he marry you first if he honestly knows you are the one sweetie.
yes we lived together in our own place for a few months before we got married.
you've got to TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!!!!!!
No we didn't only because we were both living in different states at the time. But I don't see anything wrong with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment