Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can I get my Stimulus if I file Married but Separately when my spouse has a ITIN?

OK i know that i can't get my stimulus because my husband has a ITIN. But I don't know if i would qualify if we filed married but separately.


And would it be in my best interest to do that if i did qualify?


Please help.


ShellyCan I get my Stimulus if I file Married but Separately when my spouse has a ITIN?
Yes, you can file MFS and probably get a stimulus check if you didn't get one last year, but your tax bill will probably be higher by more than the amount of the check.Can I get my Stimulus if I file Married but Separately when my spouse has a ITIN?
Yes.


Recovery Rebate Credit 鈥?If you did not qualify or did not receive the maximum amount for the 2008 economic stimulus payment you may be entitled to a recovery rebate credit when you file your 2008 tax return. Review the tax return filing instructions including the recovery rebate credit worksheet. You need to know the amount of the payment you received in 2008, which can be found on your Economic Stimulus Payment Notice (Notice 1378).





Two online tools on IRS.gov are available 鈥?the Recovery Rebate Credit Calculator will help taxpayers figure the amount they should claim on their 2008 tax return, and How Much Was My 2008 Stimulus Payment? ( check at https://sa2.www4.irs.gov/irfof/IRServlet鈥?/a> helps you determine what your stimulus payment was. Or you can call 1-866-234-2492 and provide your filing status, social security number and number of exemptions





If you are using paper return, use related worksheet to calculate your credit. Enter your recovery rebate credit on line 9 of Form 1040EZ, line 42 of Form 1040A and Line 70 of Form 1040. Do not report the stimulus rebate you have received on these lines.


Read http://taxipay.blogspot.com/2008/04/list鈥?/a>
If you are referring to the misunderstanding that a lot of people have re: the ';stimulus'; package that prez Obama signed, there are no stimulus checks this year like last time - it is a reduction of taxes from your paycheck :}
You should have received your check last year. There are no checks going out this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment