Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What would be your reaction if your spouse told you the reason they married you?

was because of your looks?


My husband and I had a talk today for the first time in a long time. I asked him why he married me and his response was that looks were very important to him. He said he always thought I was very pretty and still does. When I told him I wanted to be liked (loved) for the kind of person I was, he was silent. I told him other people compliment me for my personality as well as looks, and make me feel good about myself. When I'm around him, I don't.What would be your reaction if your spouse told you the reason they married you?
When I asked him, he told me, ';It was your command of the English language';





I don't remember him ever saying he loved me.What would be your reaction if your spouse told you the reason they married you?
Some people just think that looks are of the utmost of importance. You can't MAKE him change his honest opinion! I believe him one hundred percent. My looks changed and my husband cheated and we're getting a divorce. Looks were and are EVERYTHING to him. I thought, like you thought that he loved me unconditionally for me, but no, not so much at ALL. Kind of shallow, but it is what it is. It turns him on, attracts him and pleases him that you are goodlooking. Like I said, it is what it is and it is VERY real. Trust me.
That's a very shallow way for him to think. I've always looked at it like this. Looks don't last forever, at some point we all get old and grey hair, we also get wrinkles and put on a little more weight, and some even go bald. So there better be more than just looks, because in the end if you have a crappy personality and character, no one will want you
You can't fix him, but he can. It's called personal growth and I strongly recommend that he give it a try. He could always spend a few weeks with my ex so then he will appreciate someone with a real personality.





There's no need to complicate it, If it feels right it is, If it doesn't feel right. It isn't.





Some guys, no matter how hard they try, can never gain the depth of appreciation that you deserve. I'm guessing here, but do you feel 'alone' in your marriage?
that is a common answer but men do not normally say it aloud. i met my wife based on her looks and yes it did contribute to me asking her to marry me. i was just like your husband for the longest and i thought that was the reason i fell in love. your husband needs to make you a list of your good qualities and i bet he will be surprised. when i did this activity for a marriage class it made me realize how important my wife was and how much she contributes to our family.
men don't think like women, they don't like to be ';Mushy';





don't worry about it.


Men don't marry women for their mind, never have never will.








they only think 1 way 97% of them are like that
He's a superficial jerk. Is he frickin' Burt Reynolds? Looks are important TO HIM. What about what's important TO YOU?





Geez, Autumn, doesn't it kill you to know that you could do a lot better?
I think most men are drawn to us in the first instance on looks and looks alone.
I would be happy because some men complain about the way there wife looks.
I'm a smart *** all the time....I would have said.......';well that's good cause I married you for your money....I guess our marriage as made out of looks and money!!!';
Ouch.... Id be pissed . But are you sure he wasnt just trying to get at you?
at least you know you're hot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment