Sunday, August 22, 2010

How can i tell if my spouse wants or is ready for a baby right now?

i want a baby and i want to tell my spouse i want one, but before i do i want to have an idea of whether or not he's ready for it. is there a way to tell by his behavior? he has been reacting to friends/family's kids differently lately, could this be a sign?How can i tell if my spouse wants or is ready for a baby right now?
Ask him.How can i tell if my spouse wants or is ready for a baby right now?
You could start by just asking. There is not action that is a definite ';I'm ready!'; Even if he says he is ready, he may not fully be.


His response to friends and family's kids could be a result of maturity. Yes your hubby could just be growing up and developing paternal traits. Its natural.


He could also go on to say he's not ready until the day the baby is born and then BAM ';I'm so ready for this';





Unless he's pulling on your shirt sleeves saying ';Honey I want a baby,'; there is no other way to tell that he is actually ready for kids OF HIS OWN.


And he may be ';parental'; to other people's kids, but just for that reason. They are other people's children and he knows that at the end of the day they are ultimately not his responsibility. I'm kind of like this. I have no kids as of yet, but with my nephews I am very parent-like. Protective, educational, providing, nuturing... yet I know they aren't mine and that makes me like them even more.
you have to ask him. some people HATE kids but love their own, and some people love kids but don't want to raise their own so you can't tell by his action. just tell him you were thinking about going off birth control and see what he says.
Make a comment on a commercial/show/tv about a baby or joking around see what he says, that way you dont have to ask directly.
I would just casually mention the fact that you want to be a mommy one day! Then see what he says!
You should ask him...
ask him

No comments:

Post a Comment