Thursday, July 29, 2010

Should the wife of a retiring Army Officer buy her spouse a retirement gift?

Just wanted to know the proper etiqette for this situation.Should the wife of a retiring Army Officer buy her spouse a retirement gift?
I am no expert but I think its a lovely idea to celebrate a lifetime of service. Go on, get him something nice.Should the wife of a retiring Army Officer buy her spouse a retirement gift?
Yes,he's your spouse, you can buy him a gift anytime.
I doubt there is a rule on this but I would say it is up to you.I don't think it is in bad taste either way.
I think it would be a nice gesture. He has served not only his family but his country as well. Something nice and personal would be appropriate.
Don't think it is expected. Is there going ot be a party? If so, I would say the party is the gift. If not, that's a personal choice.
This is just what I have seen at retirements on the Naval side of the House...if you are going to be part of a retirement function thrown by his command, give him a little something that helps commerate his special day...that he can use in his retirement...check out the Afees or BX and look for something in the gift shop...like covers for his golf clubs that say ';U.S. Army Retired'; on them. Whimsical.

No comments:

Post a Comment