Thursday, July 29, 2010

Do you have a very special friend or acquaintance outside of spouse or family members that you especially?

admire for their personality and integrity?


Would you like to share just what ';personality characteristic'; it is that makes them stand above all the other friends and acquaintances that you love as well.Do you have a very special friend or acquaintance outside of spouse or family members that you especially?
I have a friend in Baltimore,Md. who is the most


Godly person that I know.


She will take homeless women with or without children


and have them live in her home.


She began the prison, shelter, and women's ministries.


She began a mentoring program for at-risk youth.


She is a single parent, and now a grandmother.


She works full time, but still finds time to tend to the ';unchurched';.


Every morning, she wakes up at 4:30 , and for at least one hour,


She prays prayers of intercession, and spiritual warfare.


I met her while in a homeless shelter in Baltimore, Md.


Six weeks later, I was staying at her house.


Through her, I had the pleasure of seeing love lived before me;


For the first time in my life, I saw what love was .


Because of God using her, I was able to make peace with


My abusive past I was able to forgive my mother for the abuse:


Emotionally,physically, spiritually, verbally, and sexually.


Through this Godly woman, I was able to be delivered from the horrors


And nightmares of my childhood. I was able to forgive;


And in doing so, I gained my sanity, my life, sobriety, and love.


Love and forgiveness for my abuser, and myself,


I have learned how to love God, myself, and my friends and family.


God used this woman, and I am alive and grateful, and better for her.


Her friends and family call her Bessie; I call her an answer to prayer.


Excellent question. Thanks. God Bless You.Do you have a very special friend or acquaintance outside of spouse or family members that you especially?
I especially admire my friend who is a young mother of 2 very young, difficult, deaf children. (They have implants that have allowed them to hear since they were a year old.) I know she has a difficult life, %26amp; yet she typically puts forth a cheerful, encouraging demeanor. On top of the fact that she is so sweet %26amp; uplifting, she is absolutely about the most beautiful lady I know, but she is not stuck on that at all. She is very down-to-earth %26amp; perhaps doesn't even realize how gorgeous she is. When she sees anyone, she wants to know how they are -- I mean *really* are. She listens with interest and encouragement in all you have to say.
Although I meet people very easily and tend to be highly personable I don't really have a lot of close friends, but a lot of close acquaintances instead for I place friendship on a much higher level. Through YA I have developed a friendship with another member and one with whom I correspond almost daily and have been for about two years now. I have found her to meet my every expectation as such a friend for she is consistent in being exactly who she says she is with no pretense, no attitude, is spiritually and politically connected to core values, and is always willing to discuss any matter. It should go without saying that she is intelligent, imaginative, creative, and all the other attributes that I find attractive in any friend. We have not met, have no such plans, and probably never will, but just knowing that there's a person like her makes me happy because she, to me, is what a friend should be.
I have a fairly new and very dear friend that I met here on Y/A R%26amp;S. We may have known each other for two or three weeks when my husband was assaulted in the parking lot of our building. My husband works strictly on commission. So when he doesn't work he doesn't get paid. When we were talking one day, I mentioned to her that I didn't know how we were going to pay for our mortgage. Without hesitation she asked me how much I needed. I told her that if I had $500 it would help to get it paid. She offered to send me the money and I kept refusing because I didn't know how long it would be before I would be able to pay her back. She said, ';Did I ask you to pay me back?'; I told her the only way I would accept it would be with the understanding it would be a loan. She sent me the money and I have since paid her back but her generosity has melded our hearts together.





My husband was out of work for a little over 4 months. He sustained a concussion and permanent inner ear damage which causes his equilibrium to be off even with all the physical therapy. This happened in October, 2008 and our friendship has grown by leaps and bounds since.





I praise God for bringing her into my life. I've discovered so much about her. Besides being a ';cheerful giver'; she's very intelligent, caring, loving, and has a quirky sense of humor like mine. She loves the Lord and shows it by her deeds to others. There is so much I could share with you about her but I think she would be embarrassed by all the accolades. I guess what I'm trying to say is we have become soul mates and I love her dearly. She's the sister I never had. I love you, Molly.
I ';met'; this person on YA a long time ago. This person has a wonderful sense of humor that gets my sense of humor going! He also has a lot of plain old common sense, is highly intelligent, and very compassionate. I guess I have to say that no local friends have all of this, rolled into one neat package !
I can't say I would single out any one person as someone I would describe like that.


I admire everyone I know, because they all have some special gift or strength that sets them apart from everyone else. Every personality has something truly great about it.





Peace
Yes, the man and woman in charge of the prayer team at my church are people of marvelous integrity and strength in the Lord and I can't help but admire them greatly!
I've been let down by two such people in my life. I'm not sure I'll ever feel that way about anyone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment