Thursday, July 29, 2010

Interracial Couples: How do you react when someone insults your spouse's race/culture?

For example if you are white and your spouse is Asian and a bunch of your co-workers are standing around making derogatory comments about that race or telling insulting jokes in front of you because they don't know your spouse is of that race/culture.Interracial Couples: How do you react when someone insults your spouse's race/culture?
Im black and my boyfriend is white. I believe I'll feel offended at first, correct them and ask them to stop.... just like I know my boyfriend would do the same for me. Id probably avoid being in the company of people who think like that.Interracial Couples: How do you react when someone insults your spouse's race/culture?
Even IF you weren't married to someone of another ethnic background it would be wrong to just go along with the derogatory remarks. Although I am half-Asian most people assume that I am white. I've had people say nasty things about Asians in my presence and I say something about it. They're usually quite shocked to know my background.





My husband is Asian and it's not often you see a white female with an Asian man. I remember one occasion among classmates of mine that we were discussing which actors we thought were attractive. Because I named someone who white, everyone exclaimed ';But he's NOT Asian!'; As if marrying someone Asian meant that I couldn't find anyone of another race attractive. When a white woman marries outside of her race, many people assume you've got some kind of fetish. They don't look beyond the superficial and think ... well maybe he's a great guy. All Asians are lumped together.





The intent behind the jokes is important to consider. Growing up in Hawaii there is a large Asian population. And we all poke fun at one another (but it's never in a way that is demeaning). Racism is not something to ignore or put up with. When someone tells insulting jokes then something needs to be done about it.
When I worked at Autozone, my store manager (Scott) thought it was okay to call Blacks buckwheats. I never heard it, but my friend Claudia did. She told me about it, never him or upper management. Lawsuit Pending !!!


There are alot of ignorant people in the world.
I'm not in an interracial relationship but if I were DUH. I wouldn't want anybody insulting my spouse for race, how they look, talk, etc.
If someone insulted my spouse's race, i would knock them to the floor and do the A-town stomp on them!
I would get angry but I would laugh at their ignorance too. Anyone who thinks they are better then someone else has got more problems going on within themselves . Easier to attack then to look in the mirror. I also would pity them, what happens when and if their child brings someone home from another race? They either loose their child or accept their choosing. I am white and my husband is Puerto Rican and out kids are so incredibly gorgeous everyone comments. Just goes to show you, Why are the most beautiful babies, kids, etc are those from interracial relationships? Perhaps God is trying to tell us all something.
i just say:


do u think that is funny? well i dont so stop saying that i am felling insulted by what u are saying


and i would stop talking with that person





some one that insults my fiance or some friend or someone of my family because of race or something else its not someone i want to know
if they were my co-workers, they would know better than to talk that kind of BS. If it were some random guy/girl off the street, I'd ignore him/her if he/she looks like he/she might be carrying a concealed weapon .But if I was angry enough, I'd probably yell back insults (not racial) along his/her way.
  • facial moisturizer
  • makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment