Thursday, July 29, 2010

How long does the process take to bring a spouse to the united states from over seas if you are a U.S citizen?

because my husband lives in another country and i would like for him to come live with me.How long does the process take to bring a spouse to the united states from over seas if you are a U.S citizen?
My friend brought her husband from Guatemala and it it took nearly two years after they were married. Her husband had his masters degree and some money in the bank and it still took a long time.How long does the process take to bring a spouse to the united states from over seas if you are a U.S citizen?
Can you prove you have sufficient income and assets to support your spouse and guarantee a $30,000 bond for 10 years? If you qualify to complete the affidavit of support, you can apply for his spousal visa. It can take up to 2 or 2-1/2 years, depending on a number of factors.
Go to www.visajourney.com (its a visa forum)





You will get hooked up with people who are doing it all right now and can help you with all your questions.





I am in the process of bringing my husband to the U.S and used this site to get answers.





It took me about a year (with expedites) and he's now waiting on our joint sponsors 2008 tax returns to be completed. He's approved at the embassy level, but just waiting on that affidavit of support to get the visa stamp.






took me almost 2 years. My wife is from Mexico, so things move a little slower there due to the volume of people. Maybe a little faster if your husband is not mexican or filipino.
The ';average'; is between 12 and 18 months. However, it could take longer.... a lot longer.



my wife is from phils and it took us almost 2 years for all paperwork to clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment