Thursday, July 29, 2010

How do you feel when a military member's civilian spouse says ';we'; were ordered, ';we've been in for...'; etc?

I might use the ';we'; if I';m talking to my neighbors about when we're moving or where we're going because it's something that affects the entire family, but when I refer to my husband service, I would say ';he';. Regardless of how some spouses feel, they should not try to wear their husband's rank.How do you feel when a military member's civilian spouse says ';we'; were ordered, ';we've been in for...'; etc?
cordelia- kiss my grits!

Report Abuse


How do you feel when a military member's civilian spouse says ';we'; were ordered, ';we've been in for...'; etc?
I usually dont think twice about it. Its not really a big deal. but if they make it a point to say ';we'; ';we'; then its rather annoying and I ignore them
Everything my spouse and I did was ';we';. She went where ever I went. We are ';one flesh';. When I retired, she was presented a ';retirement'; certificate for all the years of ';her'; service to the USAF as my spouse. As my support.
I feel that it's appropriate. It's a real team effort to raise a family in the military, especially when the service member deploys and the spouse has to handle all family affairs.





Chief Petty Officer


U.S. Navy, Retired
Hey MAN the Family Serves also.





Vet-USAF / Military Brat





Bill , If the info you added had been there at first I would not have answered quite in the way I did, as you know the family does serve in a different way but it does take a toll. The family can make a difference in the Military members service.
Doesn't bother me a bit......





I expect my spouse to go with me when I PCS, even though he has the option not to. We are a family and are in this together. My career has a direct impact on his life. Its not for the faint-hearted.





If JT can't stand the heat, he/she needs to get out of the kitchen.
A married couple becomes a we when they marry. It is a unit now. When a person marrys a service member, they also marry the military. They are more of the mistress. There is a lot of stress involved in being at home during deployments, etc. A lot of people are so used to saying we for everything, that sometimes it just happens. Deployment on the spouse is difficult, and a job in itself. If someone is married to someone for 15 years, and their spouse has been in for 15 years then they HAVE been in for 15 years, even though never physically served, they did a service. Without them, could the servicemember have been the person they are?
They face more potential stress than non-military spouses. They're entitled.
I believe it is perfectly ok. My husband has been in for 15 years and I really feel as if we have been in that long. Although he is the one that reports to the Army everyday, when the Army says go here or you are deploying in five days, it affects us all. My husband and I have had talks about this exact topic, and as he says, your job is harder than mine and we are definately both serving the military. He says that I am serving the country through my support, dedication, and strength to our family and to him and he, in turn, is able to serve our country with a clear mind. Therefore, I feel a military spouse has every right to say that they both have served.
What`s the matter? the C.I.A have you pushing too many pencils?
Bill - Obviously you are not married?


Military members and their families work as a team!


The spouse and children help or hinder the military member 's success or failure in the military!





At ease Bill! You are addressing a superior officer! ME!
It is right and proper. The family of military members have a tough time of it. You should try it.
I believe it's appropriate. When your spouse is a military man it's a family affair. The stress is on his wife too. And when he's gone, it's hard on the family. I agree his wife shouldn't wear his rank, but as far as moving and such, it's not just him moving, it's the family.
I wouldnt be upset, even if my spouse was always a civilian. Theyre in it with us.. They are lonely when we are, they are as broke as we are, and they are the ones who lose everything if (or when) we leave them in the dust.





For better or worse. People need to comprehend that, ya know!!





=)
  • facial moisturizer
  • cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment