Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Was your spouse mean to you during pregnancy?

I sent my husband to krispy kremes and he came back with some supermarket low fat donuts that were all cold and hard. He keeps telling me that he doesnt want me feeding his baby fatty foods. Who the hell is he to tell me what I can put in my body? I am so angry with him right now. I want to smack him up side the head with this box of damn donuts. Why is he acting like this?Was your spouse mean to you during pregnancy?
Awwww... ease up on her everyone. I agree that you are very hormonal right now but the guy is trying to help you out. Give him a big kiss and tell him thanks for the nasty donuts. LolWas your spouse mean to you during pregnancy?
I would go to the store and get myself the donuts I wanted.


Sometimes men don't understand that during pregnancy you can EAT ANYTHING you want. Men sometimes worry about their lady gaining weight and not being able to lose (like mine is!) others are just plain being ridiculous even though in their mind they think they're ';caring';. I wouldn't let a man stop me from eating what I want to eat and neither should you. If he has a problem with it tell him to come to the next prenatal appt with you and have him ask the doctor himself. Until then to keep quiet about what you eat because you know best.





As long as any woman isn't doing drugs, drinking alcohol or taking anything else to harm the baby or herself then she can eat pretty much anything she wants! BTW I've been pregnant 3 times and I'm also an EMT.





-T
so when i get prego am i going to be this picky and not heed advice from my partner?


I know you want what you want but have you took his thougths into consideration at all?


by this post you haven't but i'm sure you Have!





getting mad over a donut?? that is sort of hormones talking don't you think?
i dont think he is trying to be ';mean';.


it sounds like he just wants to have a part in growing the baby. maybe he feels left out since you have to do most of the work.





although i can totally see how annoying that would be to have him come home with something obviously other than what you asked for. that happened to me, too, except my husband did it on accident.
He's not being mean to you. Your hormones are making you think he's mean. Just relax and know that he wants the best for you and the baby.


Be careful, because a lot of women, under the influence of their pregnancy hormones end up alienating their husband. He'll be understanding of your plight up to a point, but he's only human and may feel rejected. An alienated husband will not make a good partner at a time when you both need to keep your cool and be united and excited at this magical time in your lives. A box of donuts isn't worth your family's happiness.
I'M SORRY WRONG OR RIGHT KRISPY KREME'S ARE SOLID SUGAR AND SHOULDN'T BE EATEN BY ANYONE!!
He is worried about himself. He doesn't want you gaining a bunch of weight for his benefit. In the end, it's all about them and what turns them on.... Ask me, and men are a bunch of careless horn dogs. It's all good until you don't give them some. F'in selfish idiots!!!!!!! Do what you want, when you want!! They act like our daddy's!
I agree, that was totally rude. I would be mad, too. You didn't ask for a beer or a pack of cigarettes, you asked for krispy kremes! All of these people saying he was right for doing this are very wrong. For him to say ';ok, I will go get them'; and come back with low fat ones from the supermarket, and tell you he did it because he doesn't want you feeding the baby fatty foods sounds like a man with a control issue. Next time look him in the eye and tell him you will go get them yourself... It would have been different is krispy kreme was closed or too far away, and he bought you the only thing he could find, but that wasn't the case- and I do not think it's your hormones. He needs to have some respect....
if you think about it, thats not him being mean, thats him caring.
He is being too controlling. Its your body not his and he needs to get over it. No food is bad for you as long as its in moderation. Let him know cheap stuff that taste bad usually doesn't have even half the nutrition other do and without fatty foods sometimes the baby wont be able to put on any weight in getting ready to be born and could end up with iron deficiency disorder. You need to gain weight during pregnancy and he shouldn't be trying to prevent that. The baby is not HIS child. They baby is BOTH of yours and YOU have a say in it as well as he does. I wouldn't ask him anymore just go out and get it on your own and eat it and show him its YOUR body and YOU need the food. For the record I would have thrown the dang box at him and said you eat it and then get me what I want or I wont eat at all whats worse????? lol but that's just me
Wow


My husband would look at me like I am crazy if I asked him to go get me some donuts.


I think he partially has a right to what you put in the baby's body by the way
Please, print your question.





After the baby is born, read it again. He IS trying to be helpful. Just not in the way that you want right now. I know you don't want to hear it, but it is true. And he's right, even though it is okay to induldge in an occassional craving.





But you do sound a bit hormonal. And I only say this, because I am too far away for you to smack. Good luck, take it easy, and don't kill the man. He doesn't know.
What about saying thank you for picking up the donuts!
i would just tell him that unless hes carring the baby, he doesnt get to say what you eat,you are the childs mother, you wouldn't do any harm to the baby!


im sure you've been carrying the baby for at least a few months, and the baby is fine, so he shouldn't start questioning what you eat now.
Yea. . I think men get mood swings just as bad when we're pregnant. It sucks
my fella mostly is understanding but he made one comment that pissed me off which was my morning sickness is no excuse or slacking off with the house work well i told him when your feeling sick 247 the last thing you think of is house work he regrets it cos boy did i go in mood lol and well you don't mess with a hormonal pregnant women lol


some times is there weird way of trying to be nice but really they just don't have a clue what its like for us
Be thankful that he cares. While I was pregnant my ex not only begged me to get an abortion, after it was too late he then just told me that he hoped we both would die. Reason that he is now an ex.
He is trying to be helpful. I think you're hormonal a bit. Take it easy on him, he's trying!
That's terrible! I got fat during my pregnancy (when else do you have an excuse to give in to all your cravings?), even though I lost every bit and more a couple months after birth. If he's concerned you will get fat during pregnancy- then who cares? You can always lose it- it's easy.


My husband bought me snickers and ice cream at 3 am sometimes.


If he ever came back with low fat I would have cried.


Your husband is acting like this because he doesn't understand the cravings and hormones you go through. It is your body. It will bounce back after pregnancy.





Go get your own Krispy Kremes- and DON'T share with him. :)
So far, so good. I can't complain yet.





The only thing my husband doesn't want me doing is drinking tap water that comes from any faucet or drinking fountain on the base he works at, because it doesn't meet Air Force water standards and it's not safe for pregnant women and small children.
He's probably just trying to keep you healthy. That being said he was WAY wrong for bringing back non-Krispy Kreme when that is what youwanted. My husband would say things like that too. He would be all, you'll regret it and I would say i don't care!!! ANd he was usually right. But he still got me what i was craving. But dont' beat him in the head. You will forgive him later.
Hormonal, much?





LOL!





That's pretty much the way I reacted to everything when I was pregnant, too. No matter what anyone does, it's the wrong thing.





Calm down. He's trying his best. He wants you (and the baby) to be healthy, try to see it from his point of view.








Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment