Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How do you deal with having a popular spouse?

My other half is very popular, he is very friendly, easy to get on with and is very lovable. Me on the other hand, whilst I'm friendly I dont't have the same charm and charisma as him.





It's nice when people comment on how lovely he is etc. and I feel proud but then how do I continuously deal with it...? I don't want to seem rude but it makes me feel a little insecure and I think what does he have that I don't...obviously not good when your married!





Any tips? (please nothing silly, just sensible helpful and honest answers)How do you deal with having a popular spouse?
my partner is not only beautiful looking but everyone likes him as well. i am proud to be with him, proud he loves me, and i do get jealous when women flirt with him, and they do, so do a few old drunken trouts, but its just part of the package. its not his fault nor do i begrudge him for it. u just have to be confident. know that all these people who love him and want a piece of him, well, end of the day, he's yours, not theirs. and the fact he's with you, well you must be pretty cool yourself else he wouldnt be with you, would he.





be friendly to these people, even if they arent so nice to you - you are above them if you do this and dont give them any ammunition to try to sl*g u off. also, they are his friends, treat them with respect and he will love u for it all the more.





this kind of charisma is a gift only a few are born with. you cant force it, so dont try to compete with him, just accept yourself for being 'merely mortal,' and try to just feel lucky youve got him, the special one who shines. aint it better than a bore?How do you deal with having a popular spouse?
Some people simply posses the charisma you describe and there's not much you can do about it. If I were in your place I would just love him and accept that he possesses the ';charm'; gene. I would also bet that you're more charming than you realize, and maybe people are saying the same thing about you to him. Besides all that, this lovable, popular man chose to be with you. What does that say? :)
i understand.....my husband is very outgoing and talks to everybody. there are no limits. i am an introvert and quiet. it bothers me sometimes, but i have my qualities. so, with that being said, i accept it (most of the time) and know that i will never be like him and really dont even want too, that makes me who i am.

No comments:

Post a Comment